Join the RPA
The Rutgers Parents Association exists to provide involvement opportunities, community, and advocacy to parents and family members of current Rutgers University- New Brunswick students.
While Parent and Family Programs, the office which advisies the Rutgers Parents Association, provides services for all parents and family members, this is an organization for parents who wish to play a more active role in the university community, specific to the role of parents in the lives of college students.
Opportunities within the organization include:
- Serving as mentors for new Rutgers parents
- Assisting with the planning and staffing of events such as Parent and Family Weekend
- Attending regular meetings featuring guest speakers from the campus community
- Providing input to university staff on issues impacting students and parents
- Patricipating in webinars, roundtable discussions, workshops, and other educational venues designed to generate dialogue on contemporary college issues
- Regular communication in the form of email updates, e-newsletters, and connections over social media
During the 2011-2012 academic year, many services designed to assist parents and family members were reorganized. We will spend the 2012-2013 academic year discussing the best structure for the Association moving forward. We invite parents to join the RPA as general board members, and we will utilize this membership to determine the best framework for leadership positions, mission, goals, and programs for future years.
Our first general interest meetings of 2012 will happen at Parent and Family Weekend. At this time, a meeting schedule for the rest of the year will be shared.
More information regarding the Rutgers Parents Association can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
To find out how you can play a more active role in the leadership of the association, email Brian MacDonald.