Rutgers Parents Association
The Rutgers Parents Association exists to provide involvement opportunities, community, and advocacy to parents and family members of current Rutgers University- New Brunswick students.
Join the conversation online! We have very engaging conversations on a regular basis on our Facebook page and over Twitter. If your student is struggling with a challenge they cannot overcome on their own, this is a useful place to visit. It is also a community to share acheivements, get involved, and learn more about the University.
While Parent and Family Programs, the office which advisies the Rutgers Parents Association, provides services for all parents and family members, this is an organization for parents who wish to play a more active role in the university community, specific to the role of parents in the lives of college students.
Opportunities within the organization include:
- Serving as mentors for new Rutgers parents
- Assisting with the planning and staffing of events such as Parent and Family Weekend
- Attending regular meetings featuring guest speakers from the campus community
- Providing input to university staff on issues impacting students and parents
- Patricipating in webinars, roundtable discussions, workshops, and other educational venues designed to generate dialogue on contemporary college issues
- Regular communication in the form of email updates, e-newsletters, and connections over social media
More information regarding the Rutgers Parents Association can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
To find out how you can play a more active role in the leadership of the association, email Brian MacDonald.